“#1 New York Times bestselling author and Oscar–winning producer Brian Grazer has written a brilliantly entertaining and eye-opening exploration of curiosity and the life-changing effects it can have on every person’s life.
From Academy Award–winning producer Brian Grazer, New York Times bestseller A Curious Mind offers a brilliant peek into the “curiosity conversations” that inspired him to create some of the world’s most iconic movies and television shows. He shows how curiosity has been the “secret” that fueled his rise as one of Hollywood’s leading producers and creative visionaries, and how all of us can channel its power to lead bigger and more rewarding lives.
Grazer has spent most of his life exploring curiosity through what he terms “curiosity conversations” with some of the most interesting people in the world, including spies, royals, scientists, politicians, moguls, Nobel laureates, artists…anyone whose story might broaden his worldview. These discussions sparked the creative inspiration behind many of his movies and TV shows, including Splash, 24, A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, Arrested Development, 8 Mile, J. Edgar, Empire, and many others.
A Curious Mind is not only a fascinating page-turner—it also offers a blueprint for how we can awaken our own curiosity and use it as a superpower in our lives. Whether you’re looking to strengthen your management style at work, uncover a new source of creativity, or become a better romantic partner, this book—and its lessons on the power of curiosity—can change your life” (Amazon summary).
- What is a guy like Brian Grazer doing writing a book on curiosity?
- How has curiosity enable Grazer’s career?
- How can curiosity be the key to one’s happiness?
- What is a curiosity conversation?
Chapter 1: There is No Cure for Curiosity
- What role has curiosity played in your life?
- How is curiosity valuable in your career?
- Is curiosity based on a willingness to act and to pay attention as proposed by the author? Why or why not?
- Can curiosity be dangerous?
- How can classrooms of curiosity be created?
- What is the correlation between reading and curiosity?
- If you could have a five-minute interview with anyone who would it be and why?
- Has curiosity ever changed your life?
- What correlation exists between curiosity and self-confidence?
- Is curiosity really free? Why or why not?
Chapter 2: The Police Chief, the Movie Mogul, and the Father of the H-Bomb: Thinking Like Other People
- How does curiosity shift paradigms?
- How can curiosity be a secret to success?
- How can generating ideas be a secret to success?
- How can curiosity and questioning develop wisdom?
- How are ideas currency?
- How can curiosity be powerful?
- How does curiosity promote change?
- How can questions be valuable?
- How can learning occur in any situation?
Chapter 3: The Curiosity Inside the Story
- How can unpredictability be overpowering?
- What does success feel like and look like?
- How can individuals separate themselves from what is being done to them?
- How does curiosity connect someone to reality?
- What re driveway moments and how can they be instigated?
- What is the relationship between curiosity and storytelling?
Chapter 4: Curiosity as a Superhero Power
- How does one prepare for a curiosity conversation?
- How can curiosity be used to conquer fears?
- What is an ignition point?
- Is there a correlation between curiosity and persistence?
- How does curiosity reqard persistence?
- How does curiosity require work?
- Is there a correlation between curiosity and determination?
Chapter 5: Every Conversation is a Curiosity Conversation
- How can curiosity be a key in your life?
- How is the hum connection the most important part of daily life?
- How does curiosity create human connections?
- How can asking be more persuasive than telling?
- How can questions create authority?
- What are the benefits of curiosity?
- How is familiarity the enemy of curiosity?
Chapter 6: Good Taste and the Power of Anti- curiosity
- What is anti- curiosity?
- What power exists in anti- curiosity?
- How are ideas fragile?
- How does curiosity promote accountability?
Chapter 7: The Age of Curiosity
- How does curiosity build trust?
- How does curiosity require bravery?
- How can you make curiosity a habit?
- Why is this the era of the gold age of curiosity?
- How can curiosity be revolutionary?
- What kind of power can curiosity hold?
- How can curiosity be dangerous?
- Why hasn’t the Internet spurred more curiosity?
- How does curiosity energize individuals?
By Tracy Atkinson
Tracy Atkinson, mother of six, lives in the Midwest with her husband. She is a teacher, having taught elementary school to higher education, holding degrees in elementary education and a master’s in higher education. Her passion is researching, studying and investigating the attributes related to self-directed learners. She has published several titles, including Calais: The Annals of the Hidden, Lemosa: The Annals of the Hidden, Book Two, Rachel’s 8 and Securing Your Tent. She is currently working on a non-fiction text exploring the attributes of self-directed learners: The Five Characteristics of Self-directed Learners.