“Could my own testimony of Christ withstand all things? Is there a trial that would shake my faith to the point of falling apart? Would I be like my mother who had enough oil for her lamp or would I turn out to be like the five foolish virgins? This experience caused me to reflect more upon my own conversion and where I stood in this process” (Amazon summary).
- What would you do in this situation if you couldn’t locate a loved one?
- How do we grieve for others?
- What possession would you cry over most?
- How have you witnessed Gordon B Hinckley’s promise in your life?
- How could you partake in this promise?
- Could your testimony withstand all things?
- Is there a trial that would shake your faith?
- Would you be like the wise or foolish virgins?
Chapter 1: Securing Your Tent
- Do you prepare for your spirituality with the same intensity that you plan for a vacation? Why or why not?
- What figurative stakes do you have in your life?
- How can you prepare for the second coming?
- How is your spiritual life like a buffet?
- How can you steady your testimony?
- How can you prepare for trials?
Chapter 2: Heavenly Solace
- How do you receive solace?
- How often do you seek for comfort or answers from the wrong sources?
- How do you seek your Heavenly Father?
Chapter 3: The Morning Fix
- How can your soul delight in scripture study?
- How can you work to apply the lessons in the scriptures?
- How can you increase your spiritual capacity?
- How can you gain a desire for scripture study?
Chapter 4: A Divine Place
- Why did the Israelites devote themselves to building a tabernacle while wandering in the wilderness?
- How can you develop righteous desires?
- Do you really trust that God will help you to fulfill your responsibilities and obey the commandments? How can you develop this trust?
Chapter 5: Quiet Solitude
- What makes a hero or heroine?
- What are the benefits of pondering and reflecting?
- How can you gain a desire to ponder?
- What answers could you gain by reflection and quiet?
Chapter 6: Windows of Heaven
- Where does prosperity come from?
- What is the result of stuff-it-is?
- What keeps us from truly giving liberally to the Lord?
Chapter 7: A Lighter Weight
- How can you gain a lighter load?
- What is the justice of God?
- What is the mercy of God?
- Is there a relationship between justice and mercy?
- How is Joseph of Old an example of forgiveness?
Chapter 8: The Best Attitude
- How can you recognize your blessings?
- Have you stopped to list your blessings?
- How does gratitude change attitude?
- How can you be more grateful?
Chapter 9: Highest and Noblest Kind of Love
- What is the relationship between compassion and charity?
- How can you develop charity?
- Who is and why are they the greatest example of charity in your life?
- How does Bob Merrick demonstrate charity?
- What is the correlation between charity and service?
Chapter 10: Sharing the Gift
- How do you warn strangers of danger?
- What happens when we put off inspiration?
Chapter 11: The Holy Day
- What do we learn about keeping the Sabbath?
- How has modern society distracted us from the Sabbath?
- How can the Sabbath be used effectively?
- In what ways can the Sabbath bring friends and family together?
- What one thing can you change to make Sundays a holier day?
Chapter 12: An Amazing Friend
- How have you felt the spirit in your life?
- How can you gain the spirit in your life?
- Why do you need the spirit?
Chapter 13: A Dedicated Evening
- How and what will you teach your children of the gospel of Christ?
- How could you prepare to teach your children?
- How important is it?
Chapter 14: Straight and Narrow
- Why do blessings follow obedience?
- Why do we feel we can trick God?
- How can you serve the Lord?
- How can you anchor yourself to the Savior and His teachings?
By Tracy Atkinson
Tracy Atkinson, mother of six, lives in the Midwest with her husband and spirited long-haired miniature dachshunds. She is a teacher, having taught elementary school to higher education, holding degrees in elementary education and a master’s in higher education. Her passion is researching, studying and investigating the attributes related to self-directed learners. She has published several titles, including MBTI Learning Styles: A Practical Approach, The Art of Learning Journals, Calais: The Annals of the Hidden, Lemosa: The Annals of the Hidden, Book Two, Rachel’s 8 and Securing Your Tent. She is currently working on a non-fiction text exploring the attributes of self-directed learners: The Five Characteristics of Self-directed Learners.