Understanding the correlation between one’s personality and career choice is the basis to the start of achieving professional aspirations, formulating a strategy to be a guide and as a resource to aid in the beginning of a career. These steps are built upon a solid foundation of an understanding MBTI personality type, functioning pairs and the careers associated with each of the sixteen personality types. Students will become familiar with MBTI career theory, MBTI personalities, how to increase job satisfaction within one’s career, assessing preferences and how to make a career choice.
- Identify needed steps to plan a career.
- Explore and develop strategies to identify a valid career choice.
- Understand the value and steps to exploring personality impact on careers.
- Develop individualized approaches for career development.
- Understand methods to increase work satisfaction.
- Understand and make personal career choices.
- Recognize the value MBTI within the realm of one’s professional life.
- Increase work satisfaction
- Identify career preferences
- Introduction to MBTI
- Professional relationships
- Recognize job preferences
- Functioning pairs: valuing, directing, relating, visioning
- Careers associated with each MBTI personality
- Making a career choice
By Tracy Atkinson
Tracy Atkinson, mother of six, lives in the Midwest with her husband and spirited long-haired miniature dachshunds. She is a teacher, having taught elementary school to higher education, holding degrees in elementary education and a master’s in higher education. Her passion is teaching, researching, studying and enjoying time with her family. She has published several titles, including MBTI Learning Styles: A Practical Approach. Courses available on learning styles and student success at: Udemy, Teachable or Thinkific.