MBTI Learning Styles: The Eight Preferences – Course Overview
Learn the value of knowing the relationship between an individual’s MBTI personality and their learning style. Various learning and studying strategies will be introduced in relation to the MBTI type. Each of the eight preferences will be investigated, discussed and correlated with the most effective cognitive environment, learning preferences, descriptions and the most comfortable learning situations. Additional, specific study methodologies and assessment techniques will be shared.
Individuals will gain an understanding of themselves as learners while educators and parents will develop a vision of an optimal classroom, learning environment and develop strategies to optimize learning while also creating effective assessment tools. Other topics explored include: introducing the Myers Briggs Type Indicator, understanding MBTI dynamics, discovering MBTI type through observations, creating a learning environment based on learning styles and assessing learning.
- Develop an understanding of the value of MBTI in personal, educational and professional arenas.
- Identify learning styles and personalize learning strategies.
- Explore and develop classroom, assessments and physical environments which support MBTI learning styles.
- Examine the differing aspects of learning for the eight preferences of the MBTI including:
- Extravert and Introvert.
- Intuition and Sensing.
- Feeling and Thinking.
- Judging and Perceiving.
- Create the foundations of understanding to meet one’s individual learning needs or one’s students.
- MBTI foundations
- Personality type
- The 8 preferences
- Learning styles
- Cognitive preferences
- Learner Keywords
- Learner questions
- MBTI classroom
- MBTI dynamics
- Learning journals
- Discovering type through observation
- Frequency of type
Tracy Atkinson, mother of six, lives in the Midwest with her husband and spirited long-haired miniature dachshunds. She is a teacher, having taught elementary school to higher education, holding degrees in elementary education and a master’s in higher education. Her passion is teaching, researching, studying and enjoying time with her family. She has published several titles, including MBTI Learning Styles: A Practical Approach. Courses available on learning styles and student success at: Udemy, Teachable or Thinkific.